2018 WINNERS ANNOUNCED
We are excited to announce the winners of the 2018 NFC Innovation Award Program — chosen by our distinguished panel of judges. See graphic above. Congratulations to the 2018 winners! Read the press release for details.
Also, a huge thanks to ALL participants of the 2018 NFC Innovation Award program! See photos from the NFC Innovation Day and see the event photos on our Facebook page.
Click here for case studies on the nine finalists.
ABOUT THE AWARDS-- CALL FOR ENTRIES
The 2018 submission period has officially closed. Check back here for information about the 2019 program.
AWARD CELEBRATION EVENT
The 2018 NFC Innovation Award Celebration took place in London, England on June 26, where the winners were announced live. Visit our Facebook page to see photos of the Award Celebration and NFC Innovation Day.
There are NO FEES to submit your entry to the NFC Innovation Awards.
- Enter for your chance in the spotlight! Is your product, service, or experience using NFC in new, disruptive and pioneering ways? Don’t miss this opportunity for global visibility.
- Finalists receive two nights paid accommodations in London (in a hotel designated by the NFC Forum), so you can attend the NFC Innovation Award Celebration, accept your award in person, and network with NFC influencers. Note: All participants are invited to the celebration.
- Gain exposure to members of the NFC Forum, which includes the world's leading mobile device, semiconductor, payment, consumer electronics manufacturers, and solution providers including Apple, DNP, Google, Infineon, MasterCard, NXP Semiconductors, Samsung, Sony, STMicroelectronics, Qualcomm, and VISA.
- Put your product, service or experience in front of a stellar panel of judges.
- Gain recognition for your innovative product, service or experience and be featured on the NFC Forum website in a permanent gallery of award recipients.
- Finalists have the opportunity to showcase your product live to NFC Innovation Day attendees-- on the day of the NFC Innovation Award event. Each Finalist will get an exhibit table.
- Three (category) winners receive an award trophy and an 'NFC Innovation Award Winner' digital badge for their site (read: bragging rights).
- Extend your social footprint and exposure -- Finalists are featured in social media postings and winners are featured in a blog post.
- Get global visibility in public relation campaigns: Press release announcing winners, the press will be invited to NFC Innovation Award Celebration, and case studies are included in PR outreach.
- Take advantage of visibility opportunity: be part of a video that features NFC Innovation Award Finalists. The video will be hosted on our YouTube channel and shared on our site and social media channels.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
NFC technology is transforming user experiences everywhere and we want to put stand-out products in the spotlight! Judges will be reviewing applications for star-quality, B2B and B2C NFC-enabled products, services or experiences. The NFC Forum invites submissions from all industries and categories: smart homes; smart healthcare; customer-focused advertising, marketing, and branding; connected hospitality; smart retail; connected car; Internet of Things; “NFC for Good;” gaming; and transportation, among others. If you have a groundbreaking product, service, or experience that features NFC modes -- card emulation, peer-to-peer, or read/write use cases – submit today.
Check out the finalists from the 2017 NFC Innovation Award Program here.
The 2018 NFC Innovation Award Program will give out three (3) awards, one for each of the following categories:
The submissions will be scored on the following criteria:
Innovation - How is this entry unique or innovative compared to others in this category? Does it have the potential to positively impact the user experience and the future of the industry?
Benefits – What kind of benefits does this product, service, or experience deliver to the end user? How does it to compare to competitors if competition exists?
User experience and NFC Impact - How does this product deliver a simple, intuitive or transformative user experience? How central is NFC to the user experience and solution?
Results – Do the metrics shared by the entrant demonstrate positive results and a progressive trajectory for this product, service, or experience?
For all submissions, judges are looking for NFC products, services, and experiences that feature NFC modes -- card emulation, peer-to-peer, or read/write use cases based on NFC Forum tags.
[Learn more about NFC Forum tag types and NFC Forum Certification.]
MEET THE JUDGES
Your submissions will be judged by a distinguished panel of judges. Click here to meet the 2018 judges.
STEPS TO ENTER
Important: EXTENSION ANNOUNCED: The updated submission deadline is March 9, 2018, at 11:59 PM EST.
NOTE: For each of the three (3) categories there will be three (3) finalists (based on numeric scores input by judging panel, which are automatically calculated by the online award platform ). All 9 finalists are invited to showcase their products at the NFC Day of Innovation on June 26 in London, England. At the award celebration, one winner from each category will be announced. Winners do not need to be present in order to win. ALL award program participants are invited and encouraged to attend the NFC Day of Innovation and award celebration.
Have questions about the NFC Innovation Award program? Contact email@example.com
Are you interested in partnering with a global program and be recognized as an advocate for innovation? Learn more about sponsorships here.
2018 PLATINUM SPONSOR
2018 GOLD SPONSOR